American Airlines Lead Agent, Customer Services, PVG in Shanghai, China
Please ensure you already have the legal right to live and work in China before submitting your application for this role.
Location: PVG China
Job Level: 42L
Reporting To: General Manager, PVG
To provide leadership, guidance and direction to airport employees and/or contractors’ agents, ensuring AA delivers optimal customer service, operational reliability and a safe and secure operation.
To consistently support General Manager towards maintaining applicable operational standards and achieving all key performance targets and operational objectives.
Ensures all security requirements that relate to the security of each flight are monitored and met, which includes the screening for the flight, controlling access to the airplane and the security of passenger, baggage and cargo acceptance.
About The Job
Key Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
• Supervises flight/passenger handling activities at PVG Airport to ensure that all functions are completed in accordance with American Airlines standards and procedures. Lead and supervise the various contractors’ teams and agents.
• Adapts and executes various leadership and “hands on” functions as the operational needs deem appropriate with flexibility of working overtime on short notice.
• Disseminates new procedures/rules and provide technical leadership to airport agents as appropriate. Provides reliable technical and procedural support to airport agents through adhoc employee enquiries, regular employee meetings and any applicable training sessions. Takes charge of overseeing required trainings for contract agents and ensures trainings are completed on time without failure.
• Co-ordinates and assigns airport agents/contractor agents responsibilities in event of flight irregularities or Off-Schedule Operations (OSO). Makes timely decisions, gives clear guidance, and coordinates the entire operations to minimize impact. Communicates across various departments including SOC, BRO, IRM and CAAC to ensure that every flight or customer related irregularity is addressed timely and handled appropriately.
• Manages daily agent assignments including co-ordination of overtime requests, vacation and work schedule changes to ensure efficiency and productivity are maintained.
• Produces or completes ad hoc reports requested by the General Manager or his deputy.
• Constantly reviews operational procedures, identifies areas of improvement, and proactively presents recommendations to the General Manager.
• Commits to job roles as assigned on the shift roster or tasks assigned by the General Manager or the Company. For example, a lead agent can be a bag handling agent, a gate agent, a premium customer service agent, a check-in agent, an ISC or a LSA at any given time as required by the operation. In other words, being cross-functional at all times is a must.
• Monitors and ensures screening and searches of all passengers, baggage, cargo and aircraft cabin is conducted in compliance with the measures set forth in AOSSP, ISP and TSA Security Directives.
• Trains and supervises contracted security personnel who perform aircraft cabin search in the aircraft. Periodically monitors and trains catering search agents at the catering facility.
Core Competencies & Skills Required:
Possesses good command of English and local language(s)
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all airport functions, AOSSP, ISP, TSA Security Directives and Information Circular
Must demonstrate strong interpersonal as well as leadership skills
Communicates effectively with all levels of external and internal customers
Has strong computer skills including a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office functionality
Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making ability
Demonstrates organizational ability and is capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
SABRE and Quantum environment skills will be an advantage
Must be a team player with strong commitment to customer services as well as to the highest degree of business ethics
Must be adaptable to working hours, be it long term or short term, including weekends and national holidays.
Job Level: 42
Requisition ID: 18679
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. American Airlines, Inc fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.